Building an email list is a very useful way to reach out to patients, and potential customers. Read on to learn why it is important to collect email addresses, and explore some tips and tricks to get you started creating a successful email newsletter.
Collecting email addresses from your patients is an important way to stay in communication with them about current clinic guidelines, closures and events. It can be a useful form of connection and a way to share information as well build stronger relationships.
Collecting email addresses from visitors to your website can also be extremely beneficial. You can collect these by adding a subscribe button to your page, or offering a “freebie” that they can get in exchange for their email address. As you start to build up your email list, it is best to send newsletters to keep your audience engaged.
These newsletters are a great way to nurture relationships created online. Make sure to also add a link upon these newsletters to book treatments, and purchase products or gift certificates in order to make sales, fill your schedule and scale your business.
Find a timeline that works for you and your business and stick with it, consistency is key. This can be once a week, once a month, or even once a season.
Email Newsletter Ideas
- Welcome Series- Send a series of newsletters that introduces various aspects of your business, send three within a short period of time.
- Seasonal Newsletter- sent out 5 times a year, highlighting the important energetic of the seasons, with activities, foods and exercises to stay in alignment with the changing seasons.
- Focused Newsletter- highlighting what you learned from your most recent Continuing education course.
- Share a link to the local organization you are donating too ( and also receiving a tax break from)
- Share a few patient testimonials, keeping patient confidentiality.
- Share an interesting article published in a well known newspaper that talks about pain relief, acupuncture or another topic that relates to your business.
- Send a newsletter focused on Chinese medicine nutrition and share a recipe you love.
- Acupuncture Industry news- whenever there is big news within the acupuncture or complementary and alternative health realm for that matter, send and email to share the news.
- Have employees or independent contractors at your clinic? Share a newsletter highlighting their strengths (maybe you’ll get them a few new bookings).
- Carrying a new supplement line or product you love upon the shelf- share it! Add a link to your Fullslate or Wellevate while you are at it.
- Specials or Discounts- people love a deal, so if your business is running any promotions make sure to share on your email newsletter.
- Take a survey or poll to keep subscribers engaged.
- Do you have a blog? Share your most recent post.
- A random thank you note, for supporting your business, can go a long way.
- Share your favorite song or playlist you use during treatments.