Are you starting a new acupuncture practice or trying to grow an existing one? Knowing the most effective ways to create a brand, utilize social media, promote products—all while having efficient time management — is all part of effective marketing. Marketing correctly and in the right places can get your practice booming!
It is true that “Word-of-mouth” is one of the best ways to grow a practice, but this can be quite limiting and only allow you to reach out to a certain population, but utilizing effective marketing strategies can make sure you are fully booked! I hope these tips help grow your practice, and build a business that inspires you.
Read on to learn some ways to master your marketing.
Marketing is a great way to reach beyond your immediate community of friends, family and patients to attract greater interest to your business. You can market your business and advertise a unique deal, such as a discount for services. Research shows that consumers need to be exposed to certain products or new ideas multiple times before they begin to engage. Repeated exposure to ideas and services increases familiarity and people are more likely to want to purchase products or services they are more familiar with.
It is important before you dive into any expensive marketing campaigns to have a clear vision of your business and goals. (There are some great free marketing options listed below as well!) Taking time to brainstorm and vision is an integral part of marketing. But make it simple, pick a color that you love, and stick with it, find a few programs that are easy for you to use and don’t switch.
Places to Market Your Practice
Knowing where to market your practice can make a big difference on the impact of the advertising or message. Attached is a short checklist to get you started.
- Start a website with a blog. Write a few articles to attract traffic. This step should not be overlooked. In our digital age an online presence is essential.
- Connect with Chiropractors/ Massage Therapists in your area. Create a referral network. This can be a great way to get new patients but also have a strong community of healthcare professionals to bounce ideas and questions off of.
- Start a Google Business account — utilize their free ad opportunities, and Google AdWords.
- Start a Yelp account for your business.
- Write a monthly or seasonal newsletter to your patient. Ask subscribers to share to people who would be interested. Visit three businesses in close proximity to your office/clinic and introduce yourself.
- Sign up to give a free educational lecture at your local library, grocery store or co-op.
- Host an open house or fundraiser. Invite prominent local political members to join.
- Utilize Social media, such as Instagram, TikTok and Facebook. They are all free and are great ways to reach out to a lot of people.
- Create an ad in your local newspaper or wellness magazine.
Free Marketing Tools and Apps
- Canva: A free graphic design app that helps you design instagram posts, flyers brochures and more. Easy and fun to use!
- MailChimp: A website that generates newsletters and helps to store email subscriber list.
- Constant Contact: Email platform (HIPAA-compliant with Unified Practice EHR)
- Later App: Website to schedule Instagram and Facebook posts.
- Pexels and Unsplash: Websites loaded with free pictures to use for your website or other marketing materials.
There are also some amazing books out there that go more in depth about marketing and ways to help your business thrive. Listed below are a few of my favorites.
- Points for Profit: The Essential Guide to Practice Success for Acupuncturists, New 5th Edition Written by Honora Wolfe
- Acupuncturists Mean Business Written by Katie Altneu
- Building a Story Brand: Clarify your Message so Customers will Listen– Written by Donald Miller
- Rindfleisch, A., Inman, J. Explaining the Familiarity-Liking Relationship: Mere Exposure, Information Availability, or Social Desirability? Marketing Letters 9, 5–19 (1998).